- Click here for the 2019 Submission Call that can be circulated in email
iConference 2019 takes place March 31 – April 3, 2019, in Washington DC. This is our fourteenth annual gathering of scholars, researchers and professionals who share an interest in the critical information issues of contemporary society. The conference theme is inform | include | inspire. We invite participants to discuss what it means to inform in the 21st century, how to broaden inclusion in the information revolution, and to question how we can best inspire individuals and organizations to use information for good in our rapidly changing knowledge society.
The iConference will include peer-reviewed papers (published by Springer) and posters, as well as workshops and sessions for interaction and engagement (SIE), interspersed with various venues for networking. The Doctoral Student Colloquium and the Early Career Colloquium will encourage early career researchers to engage with other scholars for discussions and sharing research; note that applications must be submitted to participate in this year’s Early Career Colloquium. The iSchools Partnerships and Practices track enables individual schools to showcase their approaches and connect with like-minded professionals. The iSchools Doctoral Dissertation Award will again recognize the year’s leading iSchool scholars.
New this year, we offer a Blue Sky track seeking papers that present ideas and visions that stimulate the iSchools research community to pursue new directions. There will also be an Undergraduate Symposium, a new event providing the opportunity for undergraduate students to meet with their peers from iSchools worldwide, interact with faculty to receive feedback on their career paths, and to network with junior and senior researchers.
Accepted research papers will be be published in Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science series and will therefore be indexed by major services such as Web of Science and Scopus. These papers will be published as Green Open Access allowing them to be deposited in institutional repositories as well as in the open access Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship (IDEALS).
The iConference is presented by the iSchools organization, a worldwide consortium of information schools dedicated to advancing the information field, and preparing students to meet the information challenges of the 21st Century. We encourage all information scholars and practitioners to take part in the conference, regardless of affiliation. You do not need to be a member of the organization to make a submission or participate in the iConference.
- Click here for full text of the 2019 Submission Call that can be circulated in email
Please share the above with your friends and colleagues in the information community.
Submissions of papers, posters, workshop proposals, Doctoral Colloquium applications and Early Career Colloquium applications will be accepted through Sept. 10, 2018.
Submissions of Blue Sky papers, SIE proposals, iSchools Partnerships and Practices proposals, Undergraduate Symposium applications and Doctoral Dissertation Award nominations will be accepted through October 1, 2018.
All work should be original and not previously published. Submissions will be accepted using the ConfTool submission system starting mid-June.
Visit the submission area of your interest for more specific submission instructions:
- Papers (includes Full Research Papers and Short Research Papers)
- Sessions for Interaction and Engagement
- iSchool Partnerships and Practices
- Blue Sky track
- Doctoral Student Colloquium
- Early Career Colloquium
- Undergraduate Symposium
- iSchools Doctoral Dissertation Award
- Mid-June 2018: Open for submissions
- 10 September 2018: Deadline for papers, posters, workshop proposals, DC and ECC
- 1 October 2018: Deadline for Blue Sky, SIE, iSchools Partnerships and Practices, Undergraduate Symposium and Doctoral Dissertation Award
- mid-October 2018: Workshop decisions announced
- Mid-November 2018: Decisions announced for all remaining tracks except Dissertation Award
- Mid-November 2018: Early Registration opens
- 14 December 2018: Final versions deadline (research papers and posters)
- mid-December 2018: Doctoral Dissertation Award results announced
- 31 March 2019: Conference begins
- Conference Organizers for 2019
- Past Proceedings of the iConference
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Facebook: iConference
- Twitter: @iConf | #iconf19
- Full text of the 2019 CFP that can be circulated in email
Visit our Conference Organizers page for chair-contact information specific to each track. Questions and media inquiries about the iConference in general can be sent to Conference Coordinator Clark Heideger.