Data Management and Data Protection Policy (Draft)
27. August 2019
1. Who is responsible for personal data collected by the iSchools?
The Executive Director, the Executive Committee, and the core team have primary responsibility for collecting, storing, and using these data.
Insofar as personal information about members (names, photos) may appear in communications or on the website and social media presence, the Executive Director has primary responsibility to ensure the appropriate use of this information. The Executive Committee sets policies for the use, and the core team carries out the policies.
2. What personal information do the iSchools collect and how does this information serve the purposes of the organization?
The iSchools are an international organisation composed of member institutions and their representatives. The only data about persons that the organisation keeps on file are the names of official representatives and their support staff, plus the names of persons who have won awards, such as the doctoral dissertation award or the best paper at the iConference.
The iSchools are also obliged under US law to collect financial information about those receiving payments, including staff and prize winners. The Treasurer and the Executive Director share responsibility for this with the Treasurer completing the tax forms and the Executive Director making the payments.
3. How do the iSchools use this information?
4. What risks would this personal information pose to individuals’ rights and freedom if it were not protected?
Most of the information that the iSchools hold is already freely available on the websites of the member institutions. Theoretically, members’ rights to privacy could be violated if their contact information and/or photos were accessible outside the iSchools community. The iSchools collect no sensitive personal information about members (e.g., health, personal financial, religion, or legal records).
5. How is this personal information stored and protected?The information is stored in the following locations:
6. How are members informed of their rights to accuracy and protection of their personal information?Members will be informed as follows:
7. When is personal information deleted from iSchool records?
Members’ personal data will be deleted from the iSchool files upon request. It may also be deleted when a member institution informs the Executive Director that the representative has changed or when a school ceases to be a member by request or by non-payment of dues.
The iSchools generally maintain register of changes to personal data in the Wild Apricot database.
8. How we use Google Analytics
Terms of Service:https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by pressing the button below. An Opt-Out Cookie will be placed in your browser that prevents the collection of your data for future visits to the website.
Opt Out from Google Analytics
FOLLOW US ON