To help participants maximize their experience of Sweden while attending iConference 2020, the hosts have made arrangements for special guided tours in and around the conference city of Borås. These tours all take place after the conclusion of the iConference. A brief overview is provided below, and full details are provided on the University of Borås website.
iConference 2020 takes place March 23—26 in Boras, Sweden. Discounted early registration rates are available through Wednesday, Jan. 15; standard rates apply thereafter. In addition, the organizers have made arrangements for specially priced rooms at nearby hotels. These lodging rates are available through Jan. 19, after which users will need to make their own hotel arrangements via normal channels. Visit our registration webpage for more details on registration and lodging. Act now to secure the lower rates!
The following guided tours are available to conference participants:
- Travel to the medieval Torpa Castle and experience the glassblowers work at Glasets Hus / The House of Glass. Friday, March 27.
- Travel to the 18th Century Gunnebo House estate, and also experience the gorgeous Swedish west coast on the picturesque island of Tjörn. Saturday, March 28.
- Day tour to various Gothenburg libraries, including the University of Gothenburg Library and Chalmers University of Technology Library, as well as sight-seeing in the coastal town of Gothenburg, which is approximately one hour from Borås. Friday, March 27.
- Visit to the University of Borås library, just minutes from the conference venue. (Date TBA)
- Street art guided walk: Experience the street art created as part of the art festival No Limit Borås. The art is scattered around the city. Thursday, March 26.
- A guided tour of Abecita Museum of Modern Art, located in an industrial estate about 10 minutes from the conference venue. Includes more than 500 works of photography and graphic art by internationally acclaimed artists such as Warhol, Rauschenberg, Bourgeois, Hockney, Hamilton, Bacon and Dine, as well as Scandinavian artists and photographers. Thursday, March 26.
Please note that some tours are free of charge, others require additional fees. In additon, some tours have sign-up deadlines. Visit the University of Borås tours webpage for details.
Conference home page
Registration and lodging
Conference program schedule
Guided tours at the conference