INFOcon 2021 is a three-day virtual event showcasing the breadth and depth of information professions in North America. Presented by a collective of North American iSchools and others, this event is for prospective students who want to learn about career paths and research topics in the areas of information, technology, and people.
INFOcon 2021 is free of charge, and will take place Tuesday, Oct. 19 through Thursday, October 21, 2021. Respected faculty from across the U.S. and Canada will share their expertise and passion for information sciences in a series of special sessions, each focused on a specific area of study. Registration is required, and space is limited. For more information, including a detailed schedule, visit the INFOcon web page.
At INFOcon 2021, prospective students will learn more about information sciences careers in the following areas:
- Academic Information Management/Librarianship
- Archives and Cultural Heritage Resources/Services
- Artificial Intelligence
- Arts, Entertainment, and Education Information
- Coordinated/Specialized Information Degrees
- Data Governance and Privacy
- Digital Curation
- Emerging Technology Careers in Libraries
- Health Informatics
- Information Retrieval and Analytics
- Museum Information
- Social Justice Work
- User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) Design
- Virtual and Extended Reality
- Youth Services
INFOcon is a collective presentation of the North American iSchools and others (see complete list on the event’s webpage), with technical support from the iSchools organization. The annual event launched last year under the banner "Power of Information."