University of Tennessee, Knoxville, School of Information Sciences
Application deadline: Open until filled
The School of Information Sciences in the College of Communication and Information (CCI) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK), seeks two Assistant Professors for 9-month, tenure-track positions to start in August 2023. The successful candidates will conduct research, teach, and advise students in our ALA-accredited master’s degree program, college-wide doctoral program, and the undergraduate program in Information Sciences. Teaching modes include face-to-face, synchronous online, asynchronous online, and hybrid. School, college, university, and professional service are also expected.
Applications from individuals with research and/or teaching interests in one or more of the following areas are especially welcome (listed in alphabetical, not priority, order):
- Archives, records management, and/or special collections
- Data science and/or computational social science
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/User Experience Design (UXD)
- Information retrieval and Interaction
- Information security/integrity and/or cybersecurity
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence, human-AI interaction, and ethical/social AI
- Public librarianship
- School librarianship
We are particularly interested in applicants with research and teaching interests in areas that extend the school’s areas of expertise and make theoretical/practical contributions to the library and information science field to strengthen its identity. Experience in industry, or other professional settings, is also a plus.
Learn more about this position