Deadline: Sept. 1, 2021
iSchools Inc seeks a highly motivated, creative, and dynamic professional to support iSchools staff and activities as Program Manager. The full-time vacancy will open on 1 October 2021 until 31 March 2024, with the option of extension.
Closely working with the Executive Director and the Business Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for a broad range of program and operational activities within the organization. In line with the needs of the iSchools community, the Program Manager will develop necessary tools and programs to foster and enhance the iSchools network on a global scale.
- A Master's degree from an internationally highly regarded university is required. A degree in Information Science, communications, or a related field is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software such as Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, and Acrobat Pro
- Experience with organizing and managing conferences including using underlying technologies such as Zoom, ConfTool, and SCOOCS
- Fluent in writing and speaking English academically and professionally
- Fluency in an additional European or Asian language is required
- Extensive knowledge of Wild Apricot and WordPress
- Residence in or near the Central European time zone is strongly desired to facilitate staff communication
- Women or under-represented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply
- Supervising and managing iSchools projects on a global scale, including active communication and collaboration with regional chairs and stakeholders
- Developing new programs and approaches to support iSchools strategic direction
- Creating promotional materials and professional videos for iSchools events and seminars
- Conceptualizing, developing, and testing a new and modern website that supports the need of the iSchools community
- Organization, planning, and execution of the annual iConference in collaboration with other staff and with the iConference hosts
- Evaluating the effectivity of current iSchools assets and identifying areas of improvement
The salary is aligned to the German E11 salary level (roughly 45,000€) including benefits.
Applications should include a cover letter and CV and explicitly address the applicant’s experience and skills relevant to this position. Applications must be received by 1 September 2021. Please send your application to:
Michael Seadle, Executive Director
Slava Sterzer, Business Manager