Wuhan Transportation Update: Click here for a pdf on local travel between the airport and conference hotel, complimentary airport shuttle buses, and walking maps of Wuhan.
The following travel information has been provided by the Wuhan University School of Information Management organizing committee. Click here for a pdf version of this page that you can download and print.
- Wuhan Overview
- Flights to Wuhan
- Connecting Flights
- High-Speed Railway
- Getting to the Conference Hotel
- Local Transportation
Wuhan is the capital of Hubei province and is the most populous city in central China. It lies in the eastern Jianghan Plain at the intersection of the middle reaches of the Yangtze and Han rivers. Arising out of the conglomeration of three towns, Wuchang, Hankou and Hanyang, Wuhan is known as “the nine provinces’ leading thoroughfare”. It is a major transportation hub, with dozens of railways, roads and expressways passing through the city. Because of its key role in domestic transportation, Wuhan was referred to as the “Chicago of China.” Holding capital status, Wuhan is recognized as the political, economic, financial, cultural, educational and transportation center of central China.
Nonstop International Flights
|San Francisco (SFO)||13:55||7:00 (+1)||14h05||CZ0660||Tue, Thu, Sat||China Southern Airlines|
|Paris (CDG)||16:35||9:10 (+1)||10h35||AF132||Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri||Air France|
|Kansai (KIX)||08:10||11:10||4h||9C8788||Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri||Spring Airlines|
|Incheon (ICN)||09:05||11:10||3h5m||KE881||Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri||Korean Air|
|Singapore Changi (SIN)||13:55||19:10||5h15m||MI988||Everyday||SilkAir|
|Sheremetyevo (SVO)||21:15||10:10(+1)||7h55m||CZ356||Sun, Wed, Fri||China Southern Airlines|
|Don Mueang (DMK)||07:15||11:35||3h20m||FD570||Everyday||Thai AirAsia|
- Beijing: 2 hours & 30 minutes, 26 flights daily, departing every hour on average from 06:00 to 22:35
- Shanghai: 2 hours, 20 flights daily, departing every hour on average from 06:45 to 22:30
- Guangzhou: 2 hours, 17 flights daily, departing every hour on average from 06:50 to 22:05
- Shenzhen: 2 hours, 12 flights daily, departing every hour on average from 07:20 to 21:30
- Hong Kong: 2 hours, departing at 09:05, 11:25 & 17:40 daily
- Macau: 1 hour & 35 minutes, departing at 16:50 daily
- Taipei: 2 hours 35 minutes, departing at 18:40 on Mon & Thu, 14:00 & 15:25 on Wed, 19:35 on Fri, 13:00 & 15:25 on Sat
- Beijing: 4.5 hours, 32 trains daily, departing every 30 minutes on average from 06:53 to 19:00
- Shanghai: 5.5 hours, 26 trains daily, departing every 30 minutes on average from 06:04 to 17:53
- Guangzhou: 4 hours, 61 trains daily, departing every 15 minutes on average from 06:47 to 18:43
- Shenzhen: 5 hours, 30 trains daily, departing every 30 minutes on average from 07:00 to 18:04
The Westin Wuhan Wuchang Hotel
Address: No. 96, Linjiang Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan, Hubei, 430062 China
Our Accommodations Page has complete information on the conference hotel, including room rates and amenities. Click here to view.
Click here for a pdf version of these directions.
Private car services
Reservation required through hotel.
Phone: 86-27-8816-8888 ext. 6669
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Taxi: 34.3km / 21.3miles, 44 minutes, ￥97
- Airport bus + Metro Line 2: 1 hour 50 minutes, ￥34
Wuhan Railway Station
- Taxi: 17.6km / 10.9miles, 32 minutes, ￥47
- Metro Line 4 + Line 2: 50 minutes, ￥4
Wuchang Railway Station
- Taxi: 5.6km / 3.5miles, 20 minutes, ￥16
- Metro Line 4 + Line 2: 40 minutes, ￥2
Hankou Railway Station
- Taxi: 14.8km / 9.2miles, 30 minutes, ￥39
- Metro Line 2: 40 minutes, ￥3