Online registration for iConference 2017 is now open. Click here to register using our secure ConfTool registration site.
Register Using Your ConfTool Account
Registrations are submitted through our ConfTool admin system. If you have not yet set up an account on our ConfTool admin system, click on the “Create account and register for conference” link to get started. If you are already a registered user (e.g., you submitted a paper, you served as a reviewer, etc.) then you just need to log in. Once you have set up an account or you have logged in, you can then “Register as a Participant” (this option will be visible after you log in).
Our preferred method of payment is PayPal. Paypal accepts most major credit cards. Wire transfer is also an option; please note that your bank may charge you an additonal fee for international wire transfer. We cannot accept checks.
Questions about registration should be sent to Molly Sanders.
Regular and Student registration fees cover the following:
- Complimentary access to all Workshops on Wednesday, March 22. Participants are invited to sign up for a workshop when they register.
- Access to all paper sessions, including Completed Research Papers, Preliminary Results Papers, and Chinese Papers.
- Access to other thought-provoking sessions, including Sessions for Interaction and Engagement, iSchool Best Practices, iSchools and Industry Partnerships, and other Special Panels.
- Two plenary sessions anchored by keynote addresses from luminaries in the information field; Wednesday March 22 and Thursday March 23.
- Two juried posters sessions featuring the work of current and future thought-leaders, Thursday March 23 and Friday March 24.
- Access to the Early Career Colloquium on Saturday, March 25.
- Our opening reception on Wednesday, March 22.
- Banquet dinner at HuJin Restaurant on Thursday, March 23.
- Coffee breaks and snacks on all conference days.
- Conference materials and access to proceedings.
- Our complete program schedule will be posted online when available.
(through Jan. 20)
(Jan. 21 – Feb. 14)
(Feb. 15 onward)
(full-time, currently enrolled)
- All fees listed above are in U.S. Dollars.
- Acceptable methods of payment are wire transfer and PayPal; PayPal accepts most major credit cards. We cannot accept checks.
- Click here for more information about registering inside China, specifically pertaining to wire transfers in CNY.
- 中国参会者可以使用人民币支付，具体会费安排与缴费手续请见: http://sim.whu.edu.cn/iconf2017/registration.html
- Questions about wire transfer within China should be sent to Dr. Fei Wang, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to register using our secure ConfTool registration site.
Banquet Dinner (included!)
The 2017 conference dinner takes place at HuJin Restaurant, an elegant dining facility in close proximity to the conference hotel. A ticket to the banquet is included with your regular or student conference registration fee.
Our banquet follows the Chinese tradition of serving food to be shared by all at the table. The regular menu includes traditional dishes of beef, pork, chicken and vegetables. Participants also have the option of selecting a special vegetarian menu. Please note that the shared-food format dictates that all vegetarian diners be seated at special vegetarian-only tables.
For those wishing to bring a guest, additional guest banquet tickets will be available for purchase at the conference.
iConference 2017 will take place at the Westin Wuhan Wuchang Hotel, a luxury hotel located on the bank of the Yangtze River, in easy walking distance of the Wuchang Riverside Park. Visit our Accommodations page for more information about booking rooms.
Invitations, Visas and Travel Information
Visit our specially prepared Venue section for information on visas, letters of invitation, travel, tourism, and other useful tips for enjoying your stay in China. This information has been provided by our hosts at Wuhan University.
The following is a list of registration terms; you will be asked to agree to these terms when registering:
- Registration is binding.
- Registration fees are owed upon registration.
- Registration fees and all stated monetary figures are in USD.
- Payment must be received within 7 days of date of invoice. For registrations received within 1 week of the conference, payment must be received before the start of the conference.
- Participation is not guaranteed until full payment of the registration fee is received.
- Participants must state their name, affiliation and iConference 2017 on all payment remarks and correspondence.
- Payments received by Paypal, will receive payment confirmation by Paypal.
- Payments received by wire transfer will receive payment receipts at the iConference site upon arrival.
- Payments made on site and those made within a week before March 22, 2017 will receive postal receipts according to the affiliation or address provided during registration.
- Conference Cancellations and Refunds:
- Cancellation and refund requests must be submitted in writing. Please submit your cancellation via email to iConference@ischools.org; your cancellation is not valid until you receive an email reply confirming that your request has been received.
- Registration cancellations received on or before February 22, 2017 will be subject to a $150 USD administrative processing fee.
- Registration cancellations after February 22, 2017 will not be refunded.
- All refunds will be processed based on the payment confirmation method- namely PayPal confirmation emails, wire transfer vouchers and receipts.
- All refunds will be processed after the conference has concluded.
- Refunds will be processed as follows less the appropriate administrative processing fee:
- Payments received by PayPal, will be refunded through PayPal.
- Payments received by wire transfer, will be refunded by wire transfer or Paypal if you prefer.
- The conference program is subject to change.
- Payments will be refunded if the conference is canceled by the organizer. In that case, the organizer will have no further liability to the client. Registrations remain valid if the conference has to be postponed.
- Childcare is not offered at the conference. Parents may not bring children into sessions.
When entering your data into the online registration form we collect this data from you for the purpose of registering you for the conference. Your personal information will be used to process your registration and notify you of conference information or changes for the iConference and for other reasonably related administrative purposes related to the iConference series. Your personal data will not be sold or disclosed to other third parties.
Questions about registration should be directed to Molly Sanders.
Click here to register using our secure ConfTool registration site.