UPDATE: We thank all authors for their submissions. Reviews are underway and decisions will be announced mid-November.
iConference poster sessions provide an opportunity for present and future thought-leaders to display and discuss their research with key members of the information field. We welcome submission of posters presenting new work, preliminary results and designs, or educational projects.
Initial submissions (due Sept. 16) should use the official iConference template and be 1,500 words maximum, not including references. This is the version that will be reviewed. Please note: When using the template for posters, the abstract in the box should be no more than 150 words. The entire text of the poster can be up to 1,500 words.
The poster chairs will announce their decisions in mid-November, and authors of accepted posters will be asked to submit a final abstract for inclusion in the conference’s official proceedings. The proceedings will be permanently housed in the IDEALS repository. This final submission must also use the official template and be less than 1,500 words in length, not including references. (Note: if no edits are requested as a result of review, authors may resubmit their initial submission as the final version, in the proper format, with author-identifying information added.)
Finally, authors will produce their posters, and present them at two sessions during the iConference. Authors may design their presentation poster however they wish, so long as it fits within the available space (i.e. what the display space can accommodate). The maximum size will be announced later; we expect it to be a minimum of roughly 48 inches by 48 inches (122 cm x 122 cm).
Please see the Submission Information below for more details.
- Submission: September 16, 2016
- Notification: mid-November, 2016
- Final versions for proceedings due: December 12, 2016
- Completed poster due: at iConference 2017
Please note the following:
- Authors retain copyright to their work.
- All submissions must be in English.
- All initial submissions for review will be in PDF format using the official iConference template; all final submissions of accepted work will be in Word or comparable word processing file formats: .doc, .docx, or .rtf; LaTeX is also acceptable.
- All submissions must be original work, not published elsewhere.
- Authors should be prepared to provide keywords with their submission.
- IMPORTANT: All author-identifying information must be removed from initial submissions to facilitate blind review. This means do not include author names. Our submission system will associate your file with your account, so we will know the file is yours. But reviewers must not be able to see author information. If your work is accepted, you will add author name(s) to the final version.
- Submitters agree that if their work is accepted, it will not be published elsewhere prior to presentation at iConference 2017.
- Submitters agree that if their work is accepted, at least one author will register during the Early Bird registration period, and present the accepted work at iConference 2017. We reserve the right to withhold publication in the proceedings if none of the authors registers.
- Submitters agree not to make duplicate submissions to different tracks (for example, submitting the exact same work as a paper and a poster).
- Accepted work will be published as part of the official proceedings in the IDEALS open repository (Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship).
- To help build best practices as well as provide transparent research and re-usable data, we also propose to deposit research data of iConference contributions to the IDEALS open repository. Metadata of data sets will be added to the proceedings contributions.
- Failure to adhere to any of these guidelines may result in the work not being reviewed, or not included in the official proceedings.
Archiving Research Data
- If your poster is accepted, we encourage you to consider depositing your research data for transparency and reusability. Data will be deposited in the IDEALS open repository with author-supplied metadata.
- Ann-Sofie Axelsson, University of Boras
- Min Song, Yonsei University
- Esfandiar Haghverdi, Indiana University
Questions about posters submissions should be directed posters co-chairs listed above.
For general questions about the iConference, please contact iConference Coordinator Clark Heideger.