THIS PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Submission methodology: All submissions will be made using the ConfTool submission system. Click here to create and account and make your submission.
- Proceedings compilation published in IDEALS repository: All accepted iConference 2017 contributions for Papers, Posters, SIE descriptions, and Workshop descriptions will be included in the Proceedings compilation. The Proceedings compilation will be available at the beginning of iConference 2017 (March 22-25, 2017) in various digital formats, including those for e-readers and other devices via the IDEALS open access repository (Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship). To learn more, read the IDEALS deposit agreement. Previous iConference materials in IDEALS are available here.
- Templates for authors and organizers: All submissions for review should be in PDF format, and use the official iConference template. An iConference Microsoft Word template and template-documentation for Windows and Mac are offered below, as well as for Open/Libre Office (which is not fully compatible, but works). In addition, a LaTeX version is offered. The templates provide all formatting requirements. See templates below.
- Final submission: All accepted Papers, Posters, SIE descriptions, and Workshop descriptions will be included in the Proceedings compilation. These final submissions should not be in PDF, but instead must be in Word or comparable word processing file formats: .doc, .docx, or .rtf for purposes of final processing. Authors using the LaTeX template are required to submit all working directory files in a zip-file. The requirement for final submissions will be explained further in the acceptance notification letters. Accepted authors and organizers are required to upload a final version of their submission that includes author-identifying information, regardless of whether or not any other changes were made after the acceptance. Note that page numbers will be edited for proceedings and a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) added. Also note that there may be formatting changes and adaptions made by the Proceedings Chair.
- Images: Images (e.g., .jpg, .tif, or .gif) must be embedded and named appropriately in the manuscript and additionally uploaded in one single zip-file together with the final submission.
- Research data: iConference 2017 promotes the provision of research data for re-use and transparency in research. Authors are encouraged to deposit research data of iConference 2017 contributions in the IDEALS repository. The Digital Object Identifier (DOI) of appropriate data sets will be added to the proceedings contributions. Please contact Proceedings Chair Wayne de Fremery of Sogang University.
- Copyright permission: Authors are responsible for complete and accurate citations and, if necessary, for obtaining permission to use copyrighted material. The threshold for obtaining permission varies depending on the copyright owner. Accepted Papers can be submitted to a journal for consideration, but cannot be published before iConference 2017 takes place. All published iConference contributions in journals should have a note stating that this article has been previously published as an iConference contribution.
- Citation style: The iConference 2017 Proceedings adhere to the reference/citation style of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed. (see http://www.apastyle.org/index.aspx and http://academic.wsc.edu/conn_library/research/citation/APAExamples6.pdf) APA style uses author-date text references (not numbers) that match full citations in an alphabetical (unnumbered) reference list. Full citations include DOI numbers (if available). It is recommended to use a reference management system such as RefWorks, Zotero, EndNote or Citavi. APA style is provided within these systems. Authors can send/upload BibTeX-files with references.
- Copy editing: Authors are encouraged to have their work copyedited for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and APA reference/citation style before submission. Authors are responsible for the accuracy of all substantive content, including numeric and bibliographic data. Manuscripts will not be copyedited by iConference organizers.
- Deadlines: Please see the Timeline below.
- Contact: Questions about the above can be addressed to Proceedings Chair Wayne de Fremery of Sogang University.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Papers and posters submitted for review should have all author-identifying information removed, to facilitate double-blind review. Later, when final versions of accepted works are due, authors should included author-identifying information with their final submissions for the proceedings.
- Inclusion in the proceedings is conditional upon registration of at least one author/presenter per accepted submission. Submitters further agree that if their work is accepted, at least one representative will register during the Early Bird registration period, and present the accepted work at iConference 2017.
- Submitters agree not to make duplicate submissions to different tracks (for example, submitting the exact same work as a paper and a poster).
- Authors are required to provide keywords, and will be promoted to do so by the submission tool when entering their submission.
The following template is required for iConference submissions, and contains instructions for its use.
Click here to download the iConference official template in Word document form.
Click here to view the iConference official template in PDF form.
Click here to download the iConference official template in LaTex.
- Date and time TBD: Open for submissions
- Date and time TBD: Papers deadline
- Date and time TBD: Workshop and Doctoral Colloquium application deadline
- Date and time TBD: Posters and SIE deadline
- Date and time TBD: Doctoral Dissertation Award application deadline
- Date and time TBD: Workshop and Doctoral Colloquium decisions announced
- Date and time TBD: Workshop participant guidelines due
- Date and time TBD: decisions announced for Papers, Posters and SIEs
- Date and time TBD: Early Registration opens
- Date and time TBD: Final versions due for Papers, Posters, Workshops and SIEs
- Date and time TBD: Doctoral Dissertation Award announced
- Date and time TBD: Early Bird Registration ends; Regular Registration begins
- Date and time TBD: Regular Registration ends; Late Registration begins 5 March
- 22 March 2017: iConference 2017 begins
- Proceedings-related questions should be directed to Proceedings Chair Wayne de Fremery of Sogang University..
- Questions pertaining to papers, posters, workshops, SIEs and the doctoral dissertartation award and other tracks should be directed to the respective track-chairs, which can be found on our Organizers Page.
- Questions about the iConference in general should be sent to iConference Coordinator Clark Heideger.