We will begin accepting submissions for iConference 2016 in summer of 2015.
The eleventh annual iConference will take place March 20-23, 2016, in Philadelphia, PA, USA. The four days will include peer-reviewed Papers, Posters, Workshops, and Sessions for Interaction and Engagement. Also included are a Doctoral Student Colloquium the iSchools Doctoral Dissertation Award. Links to sample topics can be found on the conference home page.
We will begin accepting submissions in summer of 2015. All submissions must be in English, and all work should be original and not previously published. Complete guidelines and links to the official iConference template can be found on our Author Instructions page.
The official proceedings of iConference 2016 will be published in the IDEALS open repository (Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship).
Visit the submission area of your interest for more specific submission instructions:
- Papers (includes completed research papers and preliminary results research papers)
- Sessions for Interaction and Engagement
- Doctoral Student Colloquium
- iSchools Doctoral Dissertation Award
PLEASE NOTE: All submission deadlines are midnight (end of day), Eastern Daylight Time.
- July 2015: Open for submissions
- 14 September 2015: Papers deadline
- 28 September 2015: Workshop and Doctoral Colloquium application deadline
- 5 October 2015: Posters and SIE deadline
- 12 October 2015: Doctoral Dissertation Award application deadline
- 26 October 2015: Workshop and Doctoral Colloquium decisions announced
- 10 November 2015: Workshop participant guidelines due
- Mid-November 2015: decisions announced for Papers, Posters, and SIEs
- Mid-November 2015: Early Registration opens
- 14 December 2015: Final versions due for Papers, Posters, Workshops, and SIEs
- 11 January 2016: Doctoral Dissertation Award results announced
- 18 January 2016: Early bird registration ends; Regular Registration begins
- 29 February, 2016: Regular Registration ends; Late Registration begins
- 20 March 2016: Conference begins
Visit our Organizers page for complete contact information. Questions about registration and payment should be sent to [contact TBD]. Questions about individual conference submission categories (papers, posters, etc.) should be sent to the chairs listed on their respective track pages. Questions and media inquiries about the iConference in general can be sent to Conference Coordinator Clark Heideger. Questions pertaining to 2016 local organization and the Philadelphia conference venue should go to [contact TBD].