Note: if you are looking for information about our current event, iConference 2018 in Sheffield, click here.
After Sheffield, our next event will be iConference 2019, which will take place in Washington DC and is hosted by the University of Maryland iSchool.
Planning is already in progess and this page will be updated.
About the iConference
Since 2005, the iConference series has provided forums in which information scholars, researchers and professionals share their insights on critical information issues in contemporary society. An openness to new ideas and research fields in information science is a primary characteristics of the event. Attendance has grown every year; participants appreciate the inspiring sense of community, high quality research presentations, and myriad opportunities for engagement.
The iConference series is presented by the iSchools, a worldwide association of Information Schools dedicated to advancing the information field, and preparing students to meet the information challenges of the 21st Century. Affiliation with the iSchools is not required—all information scholars, researchers and practitioners are welcome at the iConference.
- information behavior
- social, cultural, health and community informatics
- human-computer interaction
- education in Library and Information Science
- information systems
- social computing
- information policy
- knowledge management
- information retrieval
- information services
- information organization
- digital curation and preservation
- bibliometrics and scholarly communication
- history and philosophy of information
- participatory cultures
- digital youth
- social computing
- human computer interaction
- knowledge infrastructures
- computer-supported cooperative work
- data, text and knowledge mining
- computational social science
- digital humanities
- network science
- information and communication technology for development
- data science
- information economics
- information work and workers
- user experience and design