Dates: Sunday, March 20 through Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Location: Loew’s Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
Host: College of Computing & Informatics, Drexel University
Submissions: Click here to visit our secure submission website.
- The iConference 2016 program schedule is now available for viewing. Click here to view. Please note that the schedule is preliminary and subject to change.
- iConference registration is open.
- A few rooms remain available for booking in our discounted hotel room block. Also, we have posted a list of nearby hotel options. Visit our Accommodations page for details.
- Looking for more to do in Philadelphia? Our conference hotel offers information on area attractions, entertainment, and shopping.
iConference 2016 takes place Sunday, March 20 through Wednesday, March 23, 2016, in historic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. This year’s theme of “Partnership with Society” examines the dynamic, evolving role of information science and today’s iSchool movement, and the benefits to society. The conference includes several thought-provoking keynote presentations, plus peer-reviewed Papers, Posters, Workshops, Sessions for Interaction and Engagement, and iSchools Doctoral Dissertation Award, all interspersed with multiple opportunities for networking. Early career and next generation researchers can engage in the Doctoral Student Colloquium and Early Career Colloquium.
iConference 2016 is presented by the iSchools organization and hosted by the Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics.
Philadelphia Welcomes You
Our conference venue, Loew’s Philadelphia Hotel, is located in bustling center city. The historic 33-storey building is hailed as America’s first skyscraper, and is in easy walking distance of the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, birthplace of the United States Constitution. Other nearby attractions include the Rodin Museum and the Philadelphia Art Museum.
From a culinary standpoint, there is something for everyone in Philadelphia. Dining options abound, from the fine restaurants of center city to the cheesesteak sandwiches of South Street to the neighborhood Italian joints of South Philly. We hope you’ll make plans to join us for iConference 2016 in the City of Brotherly Love.
About the iConference
Since 2005, the iConference series has provided forums in which information scholars, researchers and professionals share their insights on critical information issues in contemporary society. An openness to new ideas and research fields in information science is a primary characteristics of the event. Attendance has grown every year; participants appreciate the inspiring sense of community, high quality research presentations, and myriad opportunities for engagement.
The iConference series is presented by the iSchools, a worldwide association of Information Schools dedicated to advancing the information field, and preparing students to meet the information challenges of the 21st Century. Affiliation with the iSchools is not required—all information scholars, researchers and practitioners are welcome at the iConference.
- information behavior
- social, cultural, health and community informatics
- human-computer interaction
- education in Library and Information Science
- information systems
- social computing
- information policy
- knowledge management
- information retrieval
- information services
- information organization
- digital curation and preservation
- bibliometrics and scholarly communication
- history and philosophy of information
- participatory cultures
- digital youth
- social computing
- human computer interaction
- knowledge infrastructures
- computer-supported cooperative work
- data, text and knowledge mining
- computational social science
- digital humanities
- network science
- information and communication technology for development
- data science
- information economics
- information work and workers
- user experience and design
For more information about the iConference series, including official proceedings of past conferences and other artifacts, please view our About The iConference page.