Location: Newport Beach, California
Venue: Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
Date: March 24-27, 2015
Host: University of California, Irvine: The Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
ConfTool Registration and Submission Site: https://www.conftool.com/iConference2015/
iConference 2015 will feature the following:
- Keynote addresses by noted luminaries Christine L. Borgman, Carole Goble, and Scott E. Page.
- 51 completed reasearch papers offering new and interesting perspectives on key topics in the information field. The author(s) of this year’s best paper will receive the Lee Dirks Best Paper Award and a check for $5,000.
- 40 preliminary results papers that explore developing thinking and perspectives.
- Nearly 100 poster presentations by present and future thought-leaders in the field.
- 12 workshops providing a meaningful and immersive experience in specific areas of study.
- 8 thought-provoking sessions for interaction and engagement.
- Myriad socializing and networking opportunities, including our evening Opening Reception, and also our Banquet Dinner at the waterfront Newport Dunes.
- Special meetings for iSchools leadership, staff, and practitioners.
- The student Social Media Expo, presentation of the annual iSchools Doctoral Dissertation Award, and much, much more!
Newport Beach Welcomes You
iConference 2015 will take place in the resort community of Newport Beach, a beautiful and relaxing setting noted for recreation, shopping and ocean views. We’re confident participants will enjoy their visit to beautiful Southern California. Click here to learn more about nearby attractions and things to do.
The iConference is an international gathering of scholars and researchers concerned with critical information issues in contemporary society. Sample topics can be found below. Visit our About the iConference page for more information.
iConference 2015 is hosted by University of California, Irvine: The Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences. The champion sponsor is Microsoft Research, Nokia is a contributor, with additional support provided by Google, Morgan & Claypool Publishers, and the UCI Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences. Learn more about this year’s sponsors.
Registration is now open. Visit our Registration page for details.
About the iConference
Since 2005, the iConference series has provided forums in which information scholars, researchers and professionals share their insights on critical information issues in contemporary society. An openness to new ideas and research fields in information science is a primary characteristics of the event. Attendance has grown every year; participants appreciate the inspiring sense of community, high quality research presentations, and myriad opportunities for engagement.
The iConference series is presented by the iSchools, a worldwide association of Information Schools dedicated to advancing the information field, and preparing students to meet the information challenges of the 21st Century. Affiliation with the iSchools is not required—all information scholars, researchers and practitioners are welcome at the iConference.
- information behavior
- social, cultural, health and community informatics
- human-computer interaction
- education in Library and Information Science
- information systems
- social computing
- information policy
- knowledge management
- information retrieval
- information services
- information organization
- digital curation and preservation
- bibliometrics and scholarly communication
- history and philosophy of information
- participatory cultures
- digital youth
For more information about the iConference series, including official proceedings of past conferences and other artifacts, please view our About The iConference page.